1. It’s not true that we only use 10% of their brains. Each part of the brain has a purpose.
2. Your brain is the organ with the most amount of fat in your body – about 60 percent.
3. Most people have 4-7 dreams each night, 50% is forgotten five minutes after you wake up.
4. They call it beauty sleep for a reason. This is when your brain files away all your memories during the day.
5. You can’t tickle yourself and laugh because your brain knows it’s your own touch – as opposed to someone else tickling you.
6. It takes some effort to laugh at a joke – five different areas in your brain are involved.
7. The brain is not the only place with brain cells, your heart and gut also have neurons – hence the phrase “Gut Feeling”.
8. Your brain makes up to 23 watts of power when you’re awake – enough for a light bulb.
9. You have around 70,000 thoughts per day.
10. The slowest speed information passes around your brain at approximately 260 mph – that’s about the speed of the world’s super-fast cars.